* Cutting trees
* Shaking trees - to remove debris
* Preparation for sale (shipping)
* Maintenance - watering, fertilizing and routine inspections.
* Removal of any discolored branches and other routine care to ensure a premium tree
from our farm....
* Feeding, fertilizing and ongoing soil testing
* Integrated pest management
* Tree identification and classification - USDA Grading
* Tagging trees for harvesting
* Field Preparation includes soil testing and replenishing necessary nutrients
* Starter Trees or plugs are planted and fertilized
to your home.....
The care of a real tree does not end with us....once you have your tree at home, the care passes on to you...
* Once home, place the tree in water as soon as possible.
* Display trees in water in a traditional reservoir type stand
* Use a stand that fits your tree
* Avoid whittling the sides of the trunk down to fit a stand.
* Make a fresh cut to from the base of the trunk before putting the tree in the stand.
* Don't cut the trunk at an angle, or into a v-shape
* Drilling a hole in the base of the trunk does NOT improve water uptake.
* Check the stand daily to make sure that the level of water does not go below the base of the tree.
* Keep trees away from major sources of heat (fireplaces, heaters, heat vents, direct sunlight).
* Lowering the room temperature will slow the drying process, resulting in less water consumption.
* Use of lights that produce low heat, such as miniature lights, will reduce drying of the tree.
* Always inspect light sets prior to placing them on the tree. If worn, replace with a new set.
* Do not overload electrical circuits.
* Always turn off the tree lights when leaving the house or when going to bed.
* Monitor the tree for freshness. After Christmas or if the tree is very dry, remove it from the house.
* Dispose of your tree appropriately, you may be able to find a recycling program near you.
* Never burn any part of a Christmas tree in a wood stove or fireplace.
We here at Allagash View Farms work diligently to ensure you get a premium quality tree which we have personally tended to. The natural setting here at Allagash View Farms promotes a tranquil environment and provides a refuge for wildlife. Real Christmas trees are renewable and recyclable and help to promote green spaces. At Allagash View Farms, we feel that the best choice for your holiday celebration has always been the traditional and natural choice - a Real Christmas Tree, hand-selected by the Voisine family..from our farm to your home....
* Basal Pruning - the removal of all branches below the first good whorl of branches creating a handle 8 to 14 inches long. This is done once in the lifetime of the tree - usually at about the 4th year
* Shearing - done annually to ensure a well-shaped tree